Thursday, April 30, 2009

100th post

I noticed as I signed in that this will be my hundredth post, today is just full of celebration. It is also Jett's 4 month birthday, I can't believe it has been 4 months already. We went to the doctor today for his checkup and some shots. Our big guy is 16 lbs 13 oz. and 25 inches long. He is totally healthy and totally cute, so we're pretty lucky. Rick and I also went to the doctor this week just to get some physicals and to meet our doctor for the first time. Our blood work will be done next week to check for cholesterol etc, but of what we know right now we're healthy too.

Rick was going to go to NBC to do a presentation today about their security, but it got canceled last minute. Too bad, I was hoping he could get me an autograph while at the studio, but I guess I will just have to wait. But that does give us time to go look at glasses frames, Rick has been wanting some new glasses but we just haven't had time to find any he likes.

Next week my dad turns 50, which finally sounds old. I'm gonna have an old dad, which is weird, cause I've always thought of my parents as young, especially compared to my friends parents growing up. My friend Alia has a brother only a few years younger than my mom. Then in 2 weeks Carlie turns 18, which is crazy! That makes me feel old. Carlie has always been one of the "little" girls, so that she is going to be an adult is just kind of hard to wrap my brain around. There are a lot of big birthdays this year in my family. Dad turns 50, Carlie turns 18, Kellie turns 16, Julie turns 21 and Mom turns 45 and Jett and Jack will turn 1. Plus my parents are going to be celebrating their 25th anniversary. Too bad I'm turning boring 23, I guess I'll take what I can get though.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

It's great to hear from you again. Glad to hear that everyone is healthy! Hope Rick was able to find some frames he liked. Jett is getting even bigger! I think I would rather turn a boring 23 than 53 like I will be this year.

Holly F. said...

Yay for a healthy baby and parents!

Also, I think your 23rd birthday will be the best yet. I can just feel it!

Zotz said...

Thanks for the shout out to your folks. Remember my motto: I'd rather be an age then in the box. So Yea!!! for 50 and 45. I am so happy that your sweet little family is healthy and well. Don't you just love insurance and the wonderful blessing of being able to go to the doctor pretty much whenever we want. So excited to see you next week. Love ya!

Julie said...

I guess I didn't realize how many big birthdays are happening this year. It's so exciting!! And I'm glad your baby is so cute and healthy, but I would have liked to see a picture. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

yay for happy 4 months :) Hopefully you're getting sleep & his happy giggles and smiles make those first blurry months fade :) Sure love you guys! Darling beach pictures!!!