Sunday, April 26, 2009

This Week...

Has been pretty great. Jett laughed for the first time, and my heart just about melted. I'm pretty sure I would do just about anything to make him laugh again, cause it is so cute! I haven't been able to catch him yet on camera, but I hope I will soon. We had miserable weather the first part of the week, our high on Tuesday was 102. It cooled off during the later half though and it was great, perfect actually and made going on walks just so enjoyable, well even more enjoyable than usual.

I made coconut chocolate chip cookies which turned out so yummy and we are making home made chili, which I hope turns out good. It is a vegitarian recipe, so we'll see how that goes. We did have to change it up a little cause we didn't have chili powder, so we used a bunch of other spices. We also hung the humming bird feeder we got a year or so ago from Tim and Alexa (Thanks!) and in the two days we've had it up we've already had tons of little visitors!

Rick did have to work some really long days though, which was a little rough. But over the next few weeks to lighten everyone's load they are working in shifts, and for 2 weeks Rick doesn't have to go into work until 3:30-10pm. It'll be a fun change to have him home during the morning, but hopefully working at night isn't too crazy. Then the next week he is taking the morning shift and coming home at 3:30 which will also be fun. Unfortunately, he also has to work the next two Saturdays, so maybe I'll go visit my family in Redlands. Rick is also only one class away from finishing his golf class. He's been enjoying it so far, and I'm glad.

Well, congrats to Cari and Shyla for graduating this week from BYU, that is so great!

3 comments:

Alexa said...

Yay for Jett laughing and lots of hummingbirds, too! Hope Rick's new schedule gives you a nice change of pace. We love you all!

Cari Dahl said...

Thanks! Also, I'm happy Jett laughed, that makes me happy.

Zotz said...

How fun that Jett laughed. I am so excited to see you guys this week. Maybe he will laugh when he sees Mickey and Friends!!!!