Friday, March 30, 2007

Party Like Its Your Birthday!

Happy Birthday Holly!!!! 22, totally awesome! Well today was a mixed day. Had a pretty interesing guest lecture in my Geog 250 class and we got our tests back. I got the highest grade in class!! How awesome is that? I didn't miss any points on the essays or definitions at all, which is cool. In Geog 130 we talked about disease, and I started to feel a little woosy because we talked about AIDS and how it spreads, a lot about blood and needles, not my two favorite subjects. Question for all those out there who still read this. How far do you think kids in grades k-6 can walk to school? Then I went to the store to prepare for the picnic and for girls night. I'm really excited for this weekend!

Last night was fun because we got to see Rick's dad Steve. He is so awesome and totally nice. He took us to Goodwood barbeque and it was so good. I go bbq chicken, french fires and coleslaw, yum yum. We found out about rick's family since we're no good at keeping in touch. His brother Tim just worked out a few kinks in his research and presented it to his mentor. Pretty much all he has left to do to finish his Ph. D. is write it up and present it at a couple of conferences. It only took him 2 years, and steve said the average is 5, basically he is amazing. Jen and family are moving to PA in June, and it will be sad to have them be so far away. But the fun thing is that we're getting together in the end of May for an Allison get together! I'm really excited, I'll finally get to meet Alexa and Joseph, and I'm very excited.

And in other news I'm here at work doing not much of anything, just waiting to do work later, like set up the gym for Conference and do all the locking up of the buildings. Also, Rick and I might have aquired more technological goodies today because he redid the Dell kiosk again. I hope we did, then we would have 3 printers, 4 mp3 players and 4 computers. That would be a total blast. Actually, I hope we do get to keep them only because then maybe we could relieve Holly and Caleb of some computer woes. That would be a pretty good birthday present.

No comments: