Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back in Provo

Well, here we are back in the land of BYU, it almost feels like we never left. I have mixed feelings about being back. I did love being able to have fun and play with my family during the summer, and I just plain love California! I did, however, miss the pretty mountains here in Provo, and I'm excited to be back at school because I'm a senior and this is my last year. It is pretty crazy to think Rick and I are almost done and are going off into Grown-Up land, the real world where a whole new set of adventures begins. But I'm glad I get to start that process as a married person, it is a lot less intimidating knowing Rick is going to be there with me.

Our trip to Vegas was a blast! It was awesome, except that it felt like it was a million degrees outside, even at 2am! We stayed in the Luxor (aka the pyramid one) and it was nice. The only downside was that we didn't get our preferred room choice of a room with one king sized bed. We had a room with two beds! Oh well. We pretty much just hung out, we didn't have a schedule or anything. But we did manage to go swimming, see the lion habitat at MGM, tour a chocolate factory, go to M&M World, see Ka ( a Circ de Soilei show), and watch the fountain show and the conservetory at the Bellagio. We also just walked around and checked out a ton of the hotels on the strip. We also ate a ton of good food, which I think was Ricks favorite part. It was mostly just a fun time where we could be together and not have to worry about work or school or anything.

Since we've been back we went mega grocery shopping since our apartment had no food, plus I finished reading Angels & Demons and Rick and I went on a date with Matt and Christina and saw Ocean's 13 at the Dollar theater. It was a very good movie and it made me laugh. I think Rick was happy to see Matt, they are so funny together and such good friends. We made plans to hang out again and include Ben and Liz, and I think thats a great plan. I really like Liz and Christina, and when the boys get together it's like insta-entertainment, so much fun to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley!! Glad you're back & gearing up for (drum roll...) your senior year! Who-hoo! And by the way..'Grown-Up land' is sooo much more fun! :D It's your call when & what you do--and that's invigorating. I'm glad you & Rick have eachother too :)