Thursday, August 09, 2007

Today will (hopefully) be a great day

Well, first of all, I am so happy just to be around still. I got hit by a semi-truck yesterday, and I walked away without a bump or scratch. My throat is a little sore from screaming, but thats it.

For those of you who don't know, this is how it went down. I was on the onramp to the 10W freeway. I was stopped at a red light waiting to cross alabama street and go on the freeway. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw an ambulance 2 cars behind me and I thought to myself "I hope he doesn't turn on his lights right now, I wouldn't know what to do cause I'm the first one at the light, where would I move". That really doesn't have too much to do with the story, but it's the truth.

Then the light turned green, I saw the cars in the cross street lane closest to me stopped, so I went. I wasn't even half way across the intersection before something hit me, something coming perpendicular to me, like I got T boned. I got scared and let go of the wheel. Then I saw it was a semi, I then started screaming and literally thought I was going to die. He hit me with a couple parts of his truck, but lucky for me he only hit the front corner of my car and then near my door. When all was done, my car had been turned 90 degrees by the truck. A guy ran over to my car and opened the door and asked if I was okay. I was crying, but I hadn't even bumped my head and our airbags didn't go off. Then the nice ambulance guys came over. I was so shocked and scared I had a hard time talking, and they called the police for me. They also helped me feel a little better by saying they saw the whole thing and assured me the light had been green when I went. They made sure I was okay and they were amazed that I was perfectly fine. Rick says I should have said yes to the ambulance ride they offered me, cause then I could be like on Grey's Anatomy.

The police finally got there and had us move out of the middle of the intersection. I had called Mom and Dad to come to be with me and for one of them to pick up Rick from the metro station, since that was where I'd been going. The policeman was very nice and understanding. He said it was the other guys fault since I had gone on green and he had run a red light. So that is at least a good thing, hopefully our car isn't too far gone, it was good enough to drive home, so thats a good sign.

And Rick is wonderful. He was so nice to me and offered me anything I wanted, like ice cream, a pony, a puppy and a bunny. Julie says I should have asked for crest white strips :)

Today is a big day for another reason. Rick has an interview today at 3. At this interview he is going to find out if PWC wants to hire him full time when he graduates. I think he will be just fine, and I really hope he gets a job. That would be so nice to know he has a place to go when we're done with school. And, he would get to go to Disneyworld, and mom has quite the shopping list for him. Well, this post is long enough, so everyone be safe today!

2 comments:

Holly F. said...

I agree with Julie - Crest White Strips is the only way to go when one has a car accident.

Anonymous said...

Aahhhhh! Shelley! This is insane--I am SO glad you're ok! I love your blog, by the way--shoulda told me you had one!! :D