Monday, August 13, 2007

Meteor Shower

So my husband is in Florida today soaking in the sun and staying in a swanky Disneyworld resort hotel. I'm pretty jealous, but not too much I can do about it.

This morning I woke up at 1am so I could drive Rick to Pamona, to meet up with a friend of his from PwC so they could carpool to LAX to fly to Florida. It wasn't fun, because I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep before that and I hate the early morning anyway. We woke Julie up at 2am so she could be my riding buddy for the trip home. I'm glad she came, cause by 3am I was sleepy and might not have made it. I told you all of that so that I could tell you this: the only good part of waking up at this God forsaken time was that Julie and I got home, went in the back yard and we watched the meteor shower. It was pretty awesome, I've never seen one before. Even from the city we saw quite a few.

After going back to sleep and sleeping till almost noon, I had a pretty bland day. Did some homework, picked up kellie from band practice and ran some errands. I got another 100% on my accounting quiz though, which already puts me worlds ahead of where I was when I took this class in the spring, so I'm pleased. The rest of my week holds more homework, some clothes shopping (cause I really need some new clothes!), having Holly come down (Yay!!!!), picking up Rick from the airport and going to a wedding. Not too shabby, actually.

Yesterday was a blast because there was so much family in town. Dad was made bishop, which is kinda weird and hasn't really sunk in yet. But it was fun to have the Birds in town, and it made me really look forward to having Brittany at BYU in a few weeks. And the Walkers came over, and they are so funny. Grandma Chatfield was there too, and she is such a nice lady and so funny when she is with Sister Peterman. We had a day full of family, excellent food and a nice 2 mile walk.

No comments: