Friday, November 21, 2008

Awake

So, here I am at 2:30 wide awake. I was really sleepy after kinda a yucky day. Rick and I had dinner, we sat around for awhile, and then went to bed at about 9:30. I woke up about an hour ago wide awake and just cannot fall back asleep, and I'm not super pleased about it.

This last weekend I went to my parents house for a sleepover party that Kellie was having, the M&M party. It was really fun. The girls were all excited to be there and I think they all had a good time, and mom and I had a good time too. I taped most of the hearts for the heart attack to the skewers, and I helped think of a few of the names, but the girls did most of that. I was a party pooper though because I didn't wake up to actually do the heart attack, I just wanted to keep sleeping. I did go to breakfast the next morning though, where we kidnapped Marshall and took him to breakfast. I had delicious pumpkin pancakes. Marshall was a sport and was really nice about the kinda wacky presents he got, and the girls were being quite girly. The part about breakfast that made me laugh was when Mom offered Emily Lawrence my hashbrowns because she wanted some. I got other things done that weekend too, I shopped around for a rocking chair, did a few loads of baby clothes since I guess you have to wash everything before the baby wears it and in special baby detergent. I also just picked up a couple of things for our apartment that we haven't been able to get in Pasadena, like a good trashcan.

This week has been kinda blah. I had a doctors appointment on Monday, but I didn't actually see my doctor but one of her associates. She made sure I picked up my iron to help the anemia, and she gave me my paperwork for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. She also just measured my tummy and felt the baby, whom she said is huge and asked if I was really only 34 weeks along. I have my ultrasound next time, so we'll see how the baby is doing. Not much else going on this week, I secured the bookshelf to the wall so we could actually fill it, I folded a million baby clothes, our dishwasher is broken so I've been doing lots of dishes, and just other random stuff around the house. I had one lazy day cause Rick stayed overnight in Thousand Oaks so I took a me day. Mom came over Wednesday night so she could take me Thursday to do the glucose test. The 3 hour test means 4 blood draws, and Rick forbade me from going alone. I'm now really, really glad mom was there because I was less than the ideal patient, I didn't even make it the 3 hours. And I'm really glad I didn't have to walk there and back, really glad. She brought me home afterward and made sure I ate a little and left when I got in bed to take a nap. I never really felt better for the rest of the day, so again I was a bum. And now I'm awake.

2 comments:

Zotz said...

I am really, really glad I was there. You are always a ray of sunshine for me. I was sooooo happy you didn't have to walk home. And you got to be part of a very exciting day...new water heater day!!! Yep, I got one and got $100 off too. So 2 super cool things about my day, you and a water heater. :-)

Cindy said...

Why did you have to do a second glucose test? I am very thankful that your mom was there, also! Sorry about the not sleeping part.