Friday, November 21, 2008

Glucose Test #2

I guess I should have explained why I needed the second test. For the first glucose test they are just seeing where your blood sugar levels are, weather or not they are in the normal range or not. My levels were a bit high, which means I have to take test #2. If 2 of the draws for the second test are high, it would mean I have gestational diabetes. Luckily, most women who have it don't need insulin shots, just a very strict diet. And they monitor the mommy's blood sugar all during labor so that everyone stays healthy and there is no danger to baby or mommy. Since I didn't finish the test, the nurse told me that they will probably just treat me as being diabetic, but I won't know for sure till I hear from my doctor.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for the explanation! Keep us posted. We will keep you in our prayers like always.