Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving/Christmas

This is me 36 weeks pregnant

Here are just some baby toys we have, plus the baby monitor Kellie got usHere are the diapers and diaper wipes we have, it looks like a lot to me but mom says that they won't last very long.
Our bassinet
The bouncer seat
Rick testing out the baby carrier we got with the awesome monkey for the Jungle themed room

Cute little clothes hanging up in the closet, with much more where those came from in the drawers of the dresser, we just didn't think we needed to hang up onsies and sleepers.

Well this last week has been action packed. Rick and I drove down Tuesday night to Redlands to spend the holidays with my family. Wednesday we slept in and relaxed for awhile enjoying the rainy weather. It was the first time Rick has experienced true winter in California. I think we maybe even wore coats. He much prefers CA winter to UT winter. We spent the afternoon doing errands around the town. Our biggest errand was a trip to Babies R Us. We've been doing a lot of research and finally picked a carseat and stroller. We also picked up a diaper pail and some more bassinet sheets because my mom said that one set just wouldn't cut it. I'll put up pictures of the carseat etc when we take it out of the box. I'm really excited that we also ordered a glider rocker for the baby's room. It is a cherry wood with beige padding and is super comfy, and is short enough where I can put my back all the way on the chair and still have my feet touch the floor. They didn't have any in stock or in their warehouse, so it'll be almost a month till we get it, but that will be just about when the baby comes, so it is perfect timing.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, and it was a fun day. We woke up and watched the Macy's parade and then watched the dog show. It was a great show this year and there were so many cute dogs. And to my (happy) surprise, no poodles. We all had our food assignments and I was in charge of mashed potatoes and yams and Rick had drinks and gravy (and I laughed and said that if Julie had gotten that assignment the gravy would have been the drinks). Dinner was really wonderful, and the stuffing (my favorite) was extra tasty. We then went on our traditional walk and it was really nice. Friday was Christmas eve for our family because we celebrated Christmas early so the girls could have a Christmas before Mom went up to Utah to be with Holly and baby Jack. Mom and Dad did last minute shopping and everyone wrapped their presents. We played an awesome game of croquet which I completely dominated. We also played Apples to Apples which was a lot of fun. To get into the Christmas spirit we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas, read the story of the nativity in the bible, and read Christmas stories.

Christmas morning was Saturday and we woke up to fun filled stockings with lots of presents and candy. When mom and dad woke up we opened presents. It was a lot of fun and I think most everyone really enjoyed everything they received. It is fun to see Carlie and Kellie be such thoughtful gift givers to each other. Rick and I got fun gifts for each other, and Santa got me Pride and Prejudice on DVD, which means I must have been pretty good. We spent the rest of the day at Oak Glen where we bought apple cider, had a fun picnic, played Frisbee, and fed and pet lots of animals at the petting zoo. I would put up pictures, but they are all on Mom and Dad's camera, so I'll have to get them next time I'm down there which will be this next weekend because it is Children's Theater Festival.

Sunday was church, hanging out and I actually completed a Cryptoquip (which I usually fail at miserably). Today we are back in Pasadena and I had a doctor's appointment. We had another ultra-sound and it was awesome to see his heart beat, watch his lungs in action, and find out that he is super flexible because he had on of his large baby feet near his face. He is about 7 lbs. and 20ish inches. She said everything looked healthy, and she didn't say I am diabetic, which is good. And I'm dilated to 1cm right now. My appointments will now be weekly, which I will hopefully remember. Now here are some pictures.

6 comments:

Shyla said...

Your bassinet is too full for a baby, and caleb and holly's crib is the same way. So....it looks like I will have to take BOTH the babies! Haha.

Do you guys have a name yet?

Shelley said...

yeah, right now the bassinet has the ironing in it. And sorry, I think I'd like to keep my baby! And we're pretty sure we're going with William Jett.

Zotz said...

I love Shyla's comment!!!! And thanks for helping us have a super great holiday weekend. I'm super glad you live close enough where we can get together often.
(and no, that isn't a jab at the Flanneyclan...honest.)

Yipppeeee for Jack and Jett!!

Holly F. said...

Haha, you can jab at the Flannyclan as much as you like - I agree! I wish I could be close enough to do fun things like that! :)

Cindy said...

Thanks for putting up all the great pictures and narrative! I was hoping to get an update soon. Glad that everything is going well with you and the baby. Let us know how much the rocker was and I will transfer the money for it since it is our Christmas gift to you (hopefully) Glad you could find one you liked.

Anonymous said...

Awesome to know how you guys are doing :) Thanks for the update & pics!! Hope you had a great Christmas Saturday--you look great & it looks like you're getting totally ready! Awesome!