Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Trees are raining!

So yesterday it snowed, and my brain is not ready for that yet. There is white stuff all over the ground when the only thing on the ground should be crunchy, colorful leaves. Can't we finish one season before we start another? Well, because of all the snow, and then the warm day today, the snow is melting off the trees and dripping down, like rain.

Let me try to summarize whats been going on, but I'm sure I'll forget parts. Today church was pretty good, I was tired though, and when I woke up it was dark and cold, not good wake up conditions. Then I went visiting teaching, and my new girls are nice. One is from Korea and she's really cute. The other is an artist, but only as a hobby. She works full time as a civil engineer while her husband is finishing school. Yesterday was a kind of yucky day in the fact that it snowed and that I missed my freshman ward reunion. I was excited to go and see people I haven't gotten to see in awhile. However, because Rick and I can't seem to get to bed at a decent hour on the weekends, I slept in and missed it. And we we're late to the opera for a couple of reasons: A) I was having an emotional meltdown because I didn't get any homework done and B) Totally forgot there was a football game, so the traffic was horrible, it took us 25 minutes to get from our house to the Riviera to pick up Julie and friend. But the rest of the opera was really great, and my friend Sarah was a hoot. Everyone was so talented, it was awesome.

Other going on's in life... we're going to carve a pumpkin for FHE this week, and I'm ecstatic. I wish I had some other decorations, but a pumpkin will be awesome. I made chicken fingers this week and they were very tasty. Rick and I are going to attempt to make calzones this week, and I'm excited to make a BBQ chicken calzone. I can't stop thinking about graduation and how then I will be done and moving to CA and having kids. I really can't wait to be a mom, I see babies and I just want one of my very own. And I want to get them cute clothes, like this cute bear hat the baby in our Marriage and Family class wore on Wednesday. I thought I had died and gone to cute heaven, it was so cute.

Well, I should go do more productive things now.

4 comments:

Alexa said...

Hi Shelley! I saw a link to your blog a while back on Rick's blog and just wanted to finally say how much I love reading your posts and seeing what y'all are up to! :) Have fun carving that pumpkin and good luck with those calzones! ;)

Anonymous said...

No doubt! Have a blast! lol, brought back memories of our first Halloween together--out on the apt. porch carving a pumpkin!

Julie said...

That baby... I still can't get over her!!!

Anonymous said...

ps--and WHO-hoooo on the baby vibes!!! :D He/she's already got lotsa cousins ready to love on him/her! ;)