Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Now I want to Travel with Charley

I just finished reading Travels with Charley in search of America by John Steinbeck and I'm itching to get out of here! How fun to drive on all the small side roads of America and meet the people and see the sights, to immerse yourself in it. If only there were time, and if Rick wanted to do it, which he says might be alright but doesn't really interest him. Provo seems so small now, I want to hit the open road. Maybe, when I finally get around to making one, this journey will be on my 100 things to do before I die list.

Well, a lot has gone on since my last post, so I'll just summarize. Finals were fine, I studied a lot and I did pretty well on all of them. I got two As, two A- and two B+. Not bad at all. Christmas break was a blast with Steve and Cindy. It was fun to just hang out and sleep in. And playing games was great because it is something that I like to do but don't get the chance to do much. Christmas day was nice, and I got a lot of great things from great people. We got back and school started all too soon. My classes for this semester will be pretty awesome though, and I get to read a lot of really good sounding books about things like American Cold War holidays and travels around Europe to where certain fairy tales take place. Plus I am taking a social dance class, and it has been awesome so far. Work is pretty much just the same. Well, I can't think of anything inspirational or witty, so I'll just sign off.

2 comments:

Zotz said...

I am so excited to read that book Shelley. Thanks for sharing the wealth. I am so excited about your dance class too, you will have such a great time. Final word for the night....you are so stinkin' smart. BRAVO!

Anonymous said...

Who-hoo on the grades! Awesome job :) So when do WE get you for Christmas anyway??? ;)