Thursday, July 10, 2008

Doctor's appointment

Well, I wasn't able to get to sleep until a little after 6:30 today, so I only got a couple of hours of sleep before my appointment, so I think I'm going to take a nap today, just earlier than yesterday's nap. My doctors appointment wasn't too action packed today. Turns out I've only gained 2 pounds which the doctor says is great. He listened to the baby's heartbeat again. This time it was way easier to find, he barely had to move the little doppler thing around before we heard that heart pumping away. It was a little slower this time too, and it sounded different because the baby is bigger. He measured my belly and laughed when he saw that I was wearing my shorts unbuttoned. Then he gave me a paper so I can go get the triple blood test done for the down syndrome etc. Another highlight of the appointment was a very friendly toddler who was in the waiting room with us. As soon as we walked in he walked right up to us, he loved my Alice in Wonderland purse. Then he brought us a book and came up to us again to say hi, all to the embarrassment of his parents, but he was super cute.

The rest of my day holds a nap, accounting, laundry and going to get ice cream with my friend before he leaves for the rest of the summer. And maybe hanging out with my sisters to watch So You Think You Can Dance. Tomorrow I'm really looking forward to going up to Ogden to my friend Megan's Open House. I was sad that I missed her wedding, but I'm glad I get to see her and her cute hubby all dressed up.

Rick and I made a list of things we want to do in Utah before we move, and this Saturday we are accomplishing our first item off the list. We are going to Thanksgiving Point to visit the Dino Museum and the gardens they have there. Other fun Utah activities include playing with friends who live here, sessions in the SLC Temple, possibly going to Arches, a picnic at Bridal Veil Falls and hiking the Y.

4 comments:

Holly F. said...

Why isn't being replaced on your fancy list? :-p

Cindy said...

Glad things went well at the Dr. Hope you have a great time tomorrow at Thanksgiving Point. I've never been there. Your other things to do sound fun also. Hope the hike to the Y isn't too strenuous for a pregnant lady. Hope you have a nice nap! See you in a couple days.

Zotz said...

I hope you get to do all the things on your list. Here is one more thing you can add to...a visit to Draper. (hint, hint)

Zotz said...

How fun that Cindy and I were typing a message at the same time and sent it a minute apart.