Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Turning 22 on the 22nd was pretty awesome, and I had a great day. It all starts the night of the 21st. Rick took me out to dinner at the Italian restaurant Carrabba's. We got some zucchini fries to share and I got a delicious chicken alfredo and Rick got some grilled chicken. For dessert, which we could barely squeeze in after our yummy food, was a double chocolate brownie topped with chocolate mouse. Tuesday morning I woke up and did some accounting. Rick came home from work early and made me waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. He stayed home with me for the rest of the day and we hung out and did some chores around the house. I opened my presents in the afternoon. I got 4 new CDs, a Willowtree statue of a pregnant woman which is beautiful, a computer reformat, a cute Alice in Wonderland purse filled with a baby name book and tons of cute and colorful socks and a date for a manicure/pedicure.

Then Rick and I made a fun picnic lunch and headed up into Provo Canyon so we could hike up around Bridal Veil Falls and eat our picnic dinner. We saw a really cute raccoon during dinner. Then we hiked around for awhile in the cooler beautiful weather and just relaxed. After that we headed home to bake my birthday cake and my sisters and caleb came over to play games. We played Whoonu which was pretty funny, especially when we played the "What you would want most on a desert island" version. Holy and Caleb left then and Julie stayed and we played Disney Sorry. I suffered a crushing defeat. I had three people in home and Julie had all her players in start. She came from behind and took it all. It was a great and relaxing day. One of the best things about it was that I was able to get to sleep before 1 AM.

Today was also a good day. I woke up early in the morning (for me) and got to spend some time with Rick before he went to work. I picked the hymns for Sunday and answered some emails before getting started on my accounting. I did accounting pretty much all day with some breaks. I read some Animal Farm, played online and talked to Holly and found out that she's having a baby boy and I get a new nephew! For dinner Rick and I made french toast and we used up some fruit that was just about to go bad and made some smoothies. Mine was sooooo good, I used strawberries, pineapple and passion fruit juice , it was cold and fresh, perfect for a summer night. Rick's didn't turn out as well, so I think we will definitely have to try again. I only have two more days of accounting left before I am DONE WITH SCHOOL.

4 comments:

Alexa said...

I'm glad you had such a good b-day, Shelley! :)

Cindy said...

Shelley, glad you had a great few days. Sorry we never did connect on the phone. We will try again some time. I hope you know we were thinking about you and love you. Won't be long until we find out if you are having a boy or girl, if it works out anyway. Good luck with all the moving prep.

Anonymous said...

who, hooo! on being "really" done with school. Hope you're feeling the relief :) So glad you had a great Bday!! Hope all is going well!

Steve said...

Hi Shelley: Well, you ARE done now. Congratulations -- several nice things happening all together. I'm sitting at the PHX airport waiting to board. See you tomorrow night.

SA