Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Odd Days

This whole week has been a little weird for me. Now that I don't have homework to do, I really don't know what to do with my time. I do some cleaning and I've been reading lots of library books, but besides that I just don't know how to spend the day. The last couple days have been especially strange. Wednesday I woke up and just lazed about for a little bit. Rick and I got some business done when he got home from work. We reserved a storage unit for the time we'll be staying with my parents, I made reservations for Julie's birthday lunch, Rick made an appointment to get the car all checked out, and we reserved a truck for the big move. I was bummed when we tried to rent the truck, cause they didn't have any available for the weekend we wanted to move. So now we are moving almost a week later. It really made me sad cause that means Julie's trip to CA is going to basically be cut in half, I won't get to hang out with my sisters at all before they start school, and I was just ready to be done with this whole waiting game. I got really sleepy and took a nap at about 5, and I told Rick to not let me sleep too long. After an almost three hour nap I woke up. We had a delicious dinner of breakfast burritos and Rick went to bed not too much later. Unfortunately, I haven't been sleeping well at night anyways, and the late nap took a heavy toll. I didn't get to bed unitl about 8:30 Thursday morning. I slept till about 3 in the afternoon and didn't have a super productive day.

Tomorrow is going to be action packed. It is Julie's 2oth birthday and we're going out to lunch to a Brazilian restaurant called Tucanos. I have heard great things about it and I'm excited to try it. Later I must sacrifice my blood to the vampires at the Health Center to make sure the baby is doing alright. Then (if I'm not feeling completely sick from whole needle-in-my-body thing) Rick and I are having dinner with Steve.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Ack! I'm sorry you had a hard night again! I had a hard time sleeping for a while after Joseph was born and was on Ambien for several months. (Actually, I just thought I was on Ambien. I had Tim giving me the pills so he could gradually reduce the dose, and for a long time he was just giving me rice grains every night. It just shows how much of it was psychological for me!) This book really helped me! I still struggle sometimes, but I know what to do to get back on track. The biggest things for me are not trying to sleep (focus on relaxing, not sleeping, don't stay in bed longer than 10 minutes when I can't sleep, get up and do something boring instead) and not worrying about how much sleep I get (don't look at or think about the clock). Anyway, I know free advice is usually worth what you pay for it, but since I feel for you so much, I just had to mention my experiences! Good luck getting your blood drawn! :)