Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Late Night Nap

After dinner today I felt sooooo sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes open, so at 7:30 I fell asleep on the couch. We were supposed to go have ice cream with a friend at 8:30, but Rick rescheduled hoping I would just sleep through the night. Well, at 10:30 I woke up hungry, hot and thirsty, so no sleeping through the night for me. And now I'm afraid it will be another late night since I got a nice long and late nap in. I'm gonna do some accounting hoping that it will make me so bored I get sleepy.

Today was a good day all around though. I went over to Holly's house to hang out with her, Julie and baby James who Holly baby sits a couple times a week. He was so cute and chubby and he (eventually) fell asleep on me, it was fun. Then I came home and just hung out with Rick for a little bit, ate dinner, and the rest is history. The last couple days have been weird since I am not working anymore or actually going to classes. I've been doing that for a long time and the change is going to take awhile. It was nice not to think about how many missionaries went into the MTC today though.

The fourth of July was a blast. We got together at my Grandma Chatfield's house with Holly, Caleb, Shyla, Russell and Julie and had a fun lunch. Then we played a couple games that Russell brought, which were pretty fun. Then Holly, Julie and I played some killer Uno while everyone else played this Robo Rally game which looked confusing. Afterwards we went swimming in Grandma's pool. We swam around, played with the frisbee and cooled off. Afterwards we played more games and had a barbecue, which was delicious. We all went home for a bit after that then got together again to watch the fireworks, which was really fun. I love to watch fireworks a ton. I wanted to use my chemistry degree to make fireworks, I always thought it would be so cool.

Well, tomorrow is my 4 month doctors appointment. Rick has been really great and come to all my appointments, and wants to come to as many as he can even when he starts his new job. Obviously he'll miss a few because we'll be in different states, but thats fine. I was filling out my pregnancy journal (the Belly Book) that my mom gave me and it will be fun to do for each pregnancy, see how each one is unique. I just can't wait to find out weather or not it is a boy or a girl, then we can really do some planning. It will also be nice when we find a place to live in CA, that will help the whole planning thing too. But, at least Rick has a job and I'm excited to stay with my family for awhile. It will be weird getting used to living with my teenage little sisters, cause sometimes I still think of them as little. But living close by will give my fun opportunities like seeing their performances, hanging out with them and having my baby have two aunts nearby.

3 comments:

Alexa said...

Thanks for the update, Shelley! I've heard people say that all the trouble women have sleeping when they're pregnant is just getting them "ready" for those sleepless nights when the baby comes, but that hardly seems fair, does it? I'm glad Rick is so supportive (not that I'm surprised) -- and that you had a really fun Fourth! Let us know how your appointment goes today! :)

Cindy said...

Good to hear how things are going. Hope the appointment goes well. I thought it wouldn't be 4 months until the 26th of July, how did I get so messed up! When in the pregnancy can they tell if it's a boy or girl? I'm sure you will be fine, despite all the uncertainties right now. Glad you could get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Fun!! It is great to hear how you're doing--hang in there and keep on sleeping when you can!! :) Glad you have some time to catch up on some sightseeing & just relax. Love ya!