Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday is a special day

It is a pretty quiet Saturday around these parts. Mom, Kellie and a friend are at Disneyland today. Kellie had planned a fun weekend for many friends because they were going to be at the football game, have a sleepover, and then all go to Disneyland. But, last minute, most of her friends cancelled and only one was able to make it. I'm sure they'll have fun though, I mean, it's Disneyland. Mom is taking me in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited. It is a little bit of a bummer though because a majority of my favorite rides I probably shouldn't go on in my condition. So I'll do it "old lady" style and we'll watch lots of shows, go on the little rides, and probably go into all the shops. It will be fun.

This week has been a fast/slow week. Each day is kind of short, I am a bum and don't really do much each day. It is hard to get myself going and doing when I don't really have any major deadlines or anything. Generally I've been practicing my knitting, doing a lot of reading, and helping the girls with school stuff. I went to Mom's store yesterday and bought paper, stickers and buttons to make my baby shower announcements. We're going to make an example tomorrow and see how my vision works out. The paper is cute with jungle animals, which I think is the direction that we're going to go with the baby's room. I'm soooo excited, and I just am itching to start getting stuff for the baby. But I'm trying to be patient because there is no reason to buy it now, store it, then move it. I've done other things to, but not really that exciting or anything.

Rick left Monday morning and I've talked to him every day. They didn't even really get any rain or anything off the edges of Ike, which I am very glad about. His classes have been pretty interesting so far; they've been talking about generally how to be a good advisor/consultant and some general skills they need to learn. They also have been talking about some general PWC policys etc. Until Friday night though he hadn't even left the hotel, they eat, sleep and go to their classes in it. Friday night they finally got out and had time to be social. I hope he gets the chance to go to Disneyworld though, it would be so disappointing to my mom if he was in Orlando and didn't go.

No comments: