Thursday, March 04, 2010

Seattle Trip II

An up close look at the Space Needle.
On our way to Olympic National Park we drove through Port Angeles, and for all those who don't read the Twilight books, this is the "big city" where the girls in the book do their shopping etc. I took this picture for my mom, and was sad to inform her that we didn't drive the extra 50-ish miles to Forks. Rick was willing to if I'd wanted to go, but we'd done a lot of driving already.
Okay, in the previous post I showed the snow in the Park; at the bottom of the mountain was this. It was so green, trees and plants and moss everywhere. We went on a little hike through it and it was beautiful. Honestly, I don't think I've seen anywhere as green as this (I've lived most of my life in the desert). Except for the trail, you couldn't see the dirt because there were so many little plants. Olympic Park is home to La Push (also from Twilight) and the only rainforest in North America.
This is an animatronic Donatello the Ninja Turtle from the live action movies. He lives in the Science Fiction museum in Seattle. I thought I wouldn't enjoy myself there (we went for Rick) but it actually was pretty cool. They had lots of first edition sci-fi books, props and costumes from TV shows and movies like Star Trek, Star wars, Dune and Blade Runner. I actually came away wanting to read some of the books and see some of the movies, which is shocking since usually I'm not into sci-fi at all.
Another picture from the National Park (don't know how they got out of order).
I know these posts are out of order, just work with me.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your trip! It was fun to see those places again. It is really amazing how green everything is there. That's what happens when it rains all the time. Glad you were able to have a good time together!