Thursday, March 04, 2010

Seattle Trip

Rick has been doing a lot of traveling lately, San Francisco, Tacoma WA and Washington DC, just since the New Year started. He's spent the most time in Tacoma and actually is going back in a week. He's been enjoying his time there and told me how pretty it was. Even though he has been working in Tacoma, he and his co-workers stay in Seattle since Tacoma is "too boring". So I decided to go visit Rick for a weekend up there. Here he is on top of the Space Needle, and behind him is downtown Seattle
On our trip we did many things. One day we rented a car and drove a few hours to Olympic National Park. We drove up about 20 minutes and found tons of snow! It was freezing too, but so so so pretty. The view was spectacular. You can't tell from the picture, but all those mountains you see are simply covered in trees. And those are only a fraction of the mountains we could see from up there, it's insane!
Back down in the city, we just walked around a lot and explored. A few blocks from our hotel was a glass blowing studio (we forgot to take pictures). It was my first time seeing it and it was cool, but looked so dangerous to me. I'm glad we didn't end up taking a class like we'd originally had planned, because it would have freaked me out. The glass is around 1000 degrees, too hot for me thank you very much. But a little further was this Market, which is in my 1000 places to see in the US&Canada book. It was awesome. So many vendors and shops that sold handmade things and fresh veggies and fish. There were also fun trinket stores, used book stores and a magic shop that we spent quite a bit of time in (and Rick almost bought quite a few things, too).
This is a picture of Olympic Statue park, down by the beach (or one of the beaches, there is so much water around Seattle). Rick actually didn't go here with me, since I spent most of my first day in the city alone. I walked just about everywhere by myself and it was great. Rick joined me late that night after flying in from D.C.
Here is just a cute shot of Jett being the man of the house while Rick was away. Usually Rick gets to come home on the weekends, but wasn't able to for the two weeks in D.C. Luckily for me I have family close by and Holly and Carlie came to visit too.

1 comment:

the Smiths said...

Hey! Jett is super cute. You should blog more woman.