Monday, March 03, 2008

Well, went back to the ER today to get the stitches out, and I'm so happy! I can do pretty much the normal stuff again, my hand just hurts a little bit. But once they took the stitches out, I looked at my hand and it looks gross! I guess a week of not washing it there and a big scab never really look cute, but still, gross.

Well, life here has been pretty good. Rick and I got our caps and gowns for graduation and ordered our announcements, which is really weird. I remember doing it for high school and how cool it was, but it is even more cool to be graduating at the same time as Rick (even if he is a less than willing participant). And I'm walking at the same time as two of my best college friends. And then I get to look forward to moving which is crazy, I can't believe we're leaving provo. I mean I'm happy, but It will be weird to have a place that will be home for a long time. And I'm excited because this summer I'm flying out to NY to go to the wedding of my friend Stephanie, and I can't wait! She is great, and her fiance seems really nice.

Well this week is going to be busy, two midterms, lots of research about the Great Wall of China, the quarterly enrichment activity and preparing for the 5k I'm running soon. I really am not super excited for my tests, but it'll be okay I think, I'm feeling ready.

Happy New Baby day for Tim and Alexa tomorrow, and happy no pink eye day to Jen!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Shelley! Glad to hear the hand is healing. One thing about making it look better that has worked in the past for me. If you go get some vitamin E capsules that have the liquid in the middle. Each morning and night poke one with a pin and rub the vitamin E on the scar. It helps, I think.

Zotz said...

Wow, you are the luckiest girl ever. Because you have a great mother-in-law. To top that off, you have a great father-in-law too. Great advice Cindy.

Okay, about the hand. We STILL haven't seen a picture. How about a fresh stitches picture and a post stitches picture. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Anonymous said...

heh thanks :D also SO glad at least you're on the flipside of healing! Ditto the Vit.E; now you have no excuse not to use it :D Just kidding!

And HOW EXCITING about all the changes soon coming in your lives! It's a crazy time, but also incredibly fun. You guys are going to go get em!

Oh, and is Rick not excited to graduate or what?? :)

Julie said...

Et j'aime Shelley parce que j'aime mon pere.