Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mission President's Week

Today is the last day of the one week training that new Mission President's get at the MTC and I'm so glad. Work has been crazy and exhausting. In the four days I've worked mission presidents week I've worked 35 hours. My arms are sore from all the lifting I've had to do. Today is going to be just as busy, but at least it is the last day. Today we have two big set ups. We are setting up 7 rooms as dining rooms and only have an hour to do it. Then we have to change to whole building back to the way it usually is, which will definitely be a lot of hard work. But, thus far I've seen/met: Elder Oaks, Elder Perry, Elder Holland, Elder Hales and Elder Scott, and all the apostles will be in the building tonight for the special closing dinner the mission presidents get.

In other news it was really great to take my final last week, I'm so glad it is over. It was also really fun to get to see Rick's parents, it is always fun to have them in town. I was sad we couldn't really spend more time with them, but finals were the same time and I had a lot of studying to do. What has also been pretty nice is that I've been feeling better for the last few days. During the day I've pretty much felt fine but nights are still just a little rough.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

So glad to hear you are feeling some better! Hope you did well on your test and that you aren't working too hard with the seminar thing. How fun to get to meet all those apostles.