Saturday, June 14, 2008

Success!

Rick and I just got back from a pretty fun afternoon. We started off at Olive Garden for their soup, salad and breadsticks lunch special thing. Rick loves, loves, loves the breadsticks there, and he pretty much filled up on them. Then we headed off to the mall on the quest for new pj pants for Rick. He's had the same ones forever and they're looking pretty rough, so for a Father's Day present I took him, cause I knew I wouldn't pick the right ones if I shopped alone. We covered the mall end to end and finally in the last store found a pair he actually found acceptable. He pretty much just wanted the exact ones he has now, just new. The ones we got are a little different, no secret pocket and they're a little thinner, but he likes them. I also brought home a few things. Working at the MTC lately has been making me so hot! I do a few jobs and wish I could go find somewhere cool, but the whole building is warm, so no such luck. Part of the reason is we have to wear pants and closed toed shoes, and I am not the worlds biggest fan of shoes. So today I bought some closed toed shoes that are also mostly meshy on the sides, so hopefully my feet will be able to breath more which will hopefully help me be cooler overall. I also went and partook of the summer sale at Bath and Body works. I love bubble baths and I ran out a couple months ago. One is normally $9.50, but they were having a sale, 3 for $10, so I got three.

Pretty much now I'm really tired though, so the rest of my day will probably be me taking a nap, doing some homework, and spending an hour or so at work to set up for church tomorrow. Fun times.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

That's so funny about Rick and his PJS, because it sounds just like Tim! I get so hot when I'm pregnant, too -- I hope it gets better for you as it cools down in the fall! :)

Cindy said...

Way to go Shelley! Glad things are going better and that you could get Rick some new PJs. Rick sounded very excited about hearing the baby's heartbeat, too. This is an exciting time for you guys.