Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nocternal

I'm pretty sure I've become part vampire, because my sleep pattern is waaaay off. Laying down makes me feel sicker, and it makes it so I can't sleep. I've tried propping myself up, but I just can't sleep that way. So I stay up most of the night, and sleep all morning and into the afternoon. I feel like a bum, but I need the sleep, everything makes me so tired!

I'm really posting because it has been so long, and a lot has happened. I'm only a week away from finals for my Cooperate Finance class, which is very exciting, it hasn't been a fun class so far. But, it has taught me one lesson, I think I'm going to shy away from the entrepreneur thing, I cannot imagine handling the finances by myself. Then all I have to do is finish up my independent study class and I'll be officially done with college! I do still want to get my travel agent's license, even though people are spending less on travel because of the economic slump, I just think it would be fun. We'll see how ambitious I feel when the baby comes. Other exciting news, one of my very best friends got married this last weekend, and I'm so happy for her. Another very good friend is getting married in a couple of weeks, and I'm excited for her too! Even though it is busy, I'm excited to host all the new Mission presidents at the MTC next week. It is our busiest week of the year, but it is cool to be able to meet general authorities and such. Last time I worked Mission president's week I met elder Holland, Elder Scott and Elder Perry. I probably won't be able to work as much as I used to though, all the lifting and moving of furniture tuckers me out pretty well, and it makes me sore.

Friday celebrates the official end of my first trimester, which is really exciting. I want to start doing tummy pictures to see my progress. This week we've also been doing some more planning for our pending move because we have to turn in our 60 day notice, which is crazy! This has been our house pretty much since we've been married. It is a scary but exciting change that is coming upon us. I'm really looking forward to the change though, I love California and I can't wait to be able to see my family more and do things with my sister's like go to their performances and stuff. But I'll miss my other BYU sisters, it has been fun having them here to hang out with.

This post is getting long, but in other fun news I found an old blog I used to keep, it spans from half way through my senior year of high school through the first few months of my marriage. Some of the posts make me laugh out loud to see how crazy I was about Rick before we even went on our first date! It is a great find because I'm horrible at keeping a journal, so that blog is pretty much what I have to go on for that time period. I'll have to post some of the old entries, they are pretty classic.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It's good to see a new post and realize that maybe things are going a little better for you. Hey, whatever works to get the rest you need during pregnancy! I remember always being tired. I would love to read some of the posts of when you and Rick were dating! Exciting times coming ahead for you guys.

Thompson family said...

Hey Shelly! Congrats on the pregnancy! You'll be a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Wow, almost done with the first trimester!! You hang in there--it's all so, so worth it :) Sleep whenever you can, and don't feel bad about it--hey, vampires are all the rage of late anyway right? :P Just kidding! Love ya!